With all digital monitors/wireless devices there is always a chance that eventually some interference may occur and this does not mean that your monitor is faulty.
It may be something in or around your home that you are unable to change such as neighbours WIFI etc. Have you tried using it in a friend or relative's home to see if the interference is the same or better?
To improve your monitor's performance, please try the following:
- Always keep your monitor away from other wireless devices
- Never operate your monitor in close proximity to a microwave, cordless or mobile phone
- Re-position or relocate your monitor to optimize reception, place away from WIFI or Router·
- Never place a GSM cell phone or other Radio Frequency emissions device in close proximity or in contact with your baby monitor
- Make sure that the battery in the Parent Unit is fresh and fully charged for the best reception. If you have not changed your battery within the last 6 months it would be advisable to do so. The battery cells depreciate over time as they are constantly charged and can give a false reading and also contribute to interference – please see below for “Rechargeable Battery Information”:
This issue could be due to the holding charge within your Rechargeable Batteries in the Parent Unit. The Parent Unit uses NiMH Rechargeable Batteries only.
These batteries need to be used correctly, if they are over charged the battery cells that hold the charge can be destroyed and the battery will not fully charge, the Parent Unit can still show the ‘Full Battery Icon’.
It is vital, for optimum performance from this type of battery, to charge for 10hrs before their first use. To ensure the longevity of your battery life you need to fully charge and fully discharge periodically, this keeps the cell life to a maximum.
If you are unsure about your battery performance, please replace the Rechargeable Batteries with 2 x AAA NiMH (available from all good retailers) approximately every 6 months.