This allows you to detect your baby`s movements and sounds (the Sensor Pad will need to be plugged into the Nursery Unit):
• Switch the Nursery Unit and Parent Unit ON
• Slide the switch on the back of the Nursery Unit to 1
You will now need to activate the Sensor Pad:
• Press the Sensor Pad Icon on the Parent Unit screen and the X will disappear off the screen
• If you do not wish to hear the TIC (optional additional audible noise denoting that your baby`s movements are being detected) at this point you need to press the TIC Icon (looks like 3 balls on sticks) again so that the X appears on this icon. The TIC function is now de-activated.
• Your monitor is now set up monitor your baby`s sound & movements (with TIC option if required).
Please Note: it is recommended that the sensitivity level for your Sensor Pad is set at 3 (factory setting) this level is generally sufficient for most mattresses. However, to make sure that the sensitivity is at the correct level to detect your baby`s movements over the whole of the mattress, from corner to corner please carry out the Four Corner Test detailed below.
Four Corner Test:
NOTE: Please follow step 2 within 20 seconds after turning ON both units otherwise the movement alarm will sound. Your baby must NOT be in the cot during this test:
• Check that the sensitivity in the Parent Unit MENU by pressing the MENU icon, bottom right on screen
• Press the SUB MENU (SETTINGS) icon, top right of the screen
• When you press the Sensor Pad sensitivity icon the sensitivity level is indicated on top of screen (L1 to L5 – 5 being the highest level) – this needs to be at L3, this is the factory setting. You can change this by pressing the + or - button on the right side of the Parent Unit
• When you have L3 flashing on the screen press the back arrow on top right of the screen to come out of the SUB MENU
• Check that the Sensor Pad is in the middle of the cot underneath the mattress.
• Ensure that the Sensor Pad cord is fed through the base of the cot using the cord cover kit to secure the cord
• All cords must be kept out of reach of your baby at all times
• The Nursery Unit must be at least 3ft away from the cot
• Plug the Sensor Pad jack into the Nursery Unit
• Switch the Nursery Unit & Parent Unit ON
• Place your hand in all four corners of the mattress and if the pendulum symbol on the Nursery Unit flashes registering your hand then the sensitivity is correct
• Remove your hand from the mattress and step away from the cot. The Sensor Pad is sensitive enough to detect your movement if you are touching the cot
• Due to the lack of movement, after 15 seconds a single beep (The Rouse Alarm) will be emitted from the Nursery Unit
• After a further 5 seconds a series of continuous beeps (The Main Alarm) will sound from the Nursery Unit & Parent Unit
• Place your hand on the mattress and after a few seconds the alarm will cease as the Sensor Pad will have detected your movement.
• If the pendulum symbol does not flash when you touch any of the corners please adjust the sensitivity by turning it up another level and repeat the Four Corner Test again.
Try this new setting over the next couple of nights and monitor the amount of false alarms you have, re-adjust if necessary by turning the Sensitivity up another level.
Please note that your Angelcare Monitor is not a medical device and if you are ever worried about your baby you need to seek support from your Health Professional