If the setting is too high the Sensor Pad can continue to detect movement near to the cot such as floorboards, central heating, even something as light as a fan.
The recommended Factory Setting for your Sensor Pad is 3 (3 bars illuminated in the MENU Screen).
If you have not already done so can you please carry out the Four Corner Test below. This will establish the correct level of sensitivity required for your baby's mattress so you can adjust accordingly (only if required).
If this does not resolve your query please let me know and also include the following information in your response:
- The Batch Number. This is located on the underneath of the Parent Unit, Nursery Unit and the Sensor Pad on a small white label
- Proof of purchase, receipt. We will accept a picture/photo if this is easier for you
- Your full name, address and a contact number
- This will enable us to process your query.
Four Corner Test
NOTE: Please follow step 2 within 20 seconds after turning ON both units otherwise the movement alarm will sound. Your baby must NOT be in the cot during this test:
- Check that the sensitivity in the Parent Unit MENU by pressing the MENU icon, bottom right on screen
- Press the SUB MENU (SETTINGS) icon, bottom right of the screen
- Press the Sensor Pad sensitivity icon until there are 3 green bars highlighted just above the icon - this is the factory setting
- Press OK
- Press OK again
- Check that the Sensor Pad is in the middle of the cot underneath the mattress.
- Ensure that the Sensor Pad cord is fed through the base of the cot using the cord cover kit to secure the cord
- All cords must be kept out of reach of your baby at all times
- The Nursery Unit must be at least 3ft away from the cot
- Plug the Sensor Pad jack into the Nursery Unit
- Switch the Nursery Unit & Parent Unit ON
- Place your hand in all four corners of the mattress and if the pendulum symbol on the Parent Unit screen swings registering your hand then the sensitivity is correct
- Remove your hand from the mattress and step away from the cot. The Sensor Pad is sensitive enough to detect your movement if you are touching the cot
- Due to the lack of movement, after 15 seconds a single beep (The Rouse Alarm) will be emitted from the Nursery Unit
- After a further 5 seconds a series of continuous beeps (The Main Alarm) will sound from the Nursery Unit & Parent Unit
- Place your hand on the mattress and after a few seconds the alarm will cease as the Sensor Padwill have detected your movement.
If the pendulum does not swing when you touch any of the corners please adjust the sensitivity by turning it up another bar and repeat the Four Corner Test again.
Try this new setting over the next couple of nights and monitor the amount of false alarms you have, re-adjust if necessary by turning the Sensitivity Dial up by another notch.
Please note that your Angelcare Monitor is not a medical device and if you are ever worried about your baby you need to seek support from your health professional.