Angelcare recommend that you change the re-chargeable batteries approx. every 6 months. The cells depreciate over time as they are constantly charged and can give a false reading and the Parent Unit can switch back on albeit for a short amount of time – please see below for “Rechargeable Battery Information”.
Have you tried swapping over the AC Adaptors? These are interchangeable between the two units.
Can you please try this and refer to the “Establishing Power Supply to your Monitor” information below.
If this does not resolve your query please let us know and also include the following information in your response:
• Model of monitor, this is located on the back of the Parent & Nursery Unit and will begin AC
• The Batch Number. This is located on the underneath of the Parent Unit, Nursery Unit and the Sensor Pad on a small white label
• Proof of purchase, receipt showing the date and product. We will accept a picture/photo if this is easier for you
• Your full name, address and a contact number
• This will enable us to process your query.
• Establishing Power Supply to your Monitor
It is important to establish which component is causing the problem should you be experiencing a loss of power to your monitor:
• Firstly, remove all batteries from the Nursery Unit and Parent Unit. If the units are powered by batteries this will not allow us to test the mains power effectively
• Switch the AC Adaptors between the units. The adaptors are interchangeable
• If mains power is established the green power light on the Nursery Unit will illuminate
• When the mains power is established to the Parent Unit the screen on your Parent Unit will illuminate briefly when the AC Adaptor is plugged in and powered ON
• If the Parent Unit does not illuminate when the AC Adaptor is plugged in and powered ON the AC Adaptor may be at fault.
• Now insert your rechargeable batteries.
• When the Parent Unit is AC Adaptor is plugged in and powered ON for re-charging purposes, the screen on the Parent Unit will briefly illuminate to signal that it is receiving mains power.
• The Battery Icon will appear after a few seconds and stay on for a short while. This indicates that the unit is charging.
• The screen will close down and appear blank. This indicates that it is in Power Save Mode, however the unit is still charging.
• To check that the Parent Unit is still charging switch the power OFF and then ON, and you will see the battery icon appear again confirming charging is taking place.
This issue could be due to the holding charge within your Rechargeable Batteries in the Parent Unit.
The Parent Unit uses NiMh Rechargeable Batteries only.
These batteries need to be used correctly, if they are over charged the battery cells that hold the charge can be destroyed and the battery will not fully charge, the Parent Unit can still show the ‘Full Battery Icon’.
It is vital, for optimum performance from this type of battery, to charge for 15hrs before their first use.
To ensure the longevity of your battery life you need to fully charge and fully discharge periodically, this keeps the cell life to a maximum.
If you are unsure about your battery performance, please replace the Rechargeable Batteries with 4 x AAA NiMh (available from all good retailers or on line) approximately every 6 months