• Does the Nursery Unit have power?
• Are the batteries in the Parent Unit fully charged?
They need to be fully charged in order for a connection to be possible
If you have been using the monitor for over 6 months have you ever changed the re-chargeable batteries in the Parent Unit
We recommend that the batteries are replaced approx. every 6 months. The cells depreciate over time as they are constantly charged and can give a false reading, as they may not be operating on a full cell strength as when you received them.
If the battery power is not very strong it can cause connection to fail.
• Have you tried to re-connect the Parent Unit and Nursery Unit
See below for the re-connection information, it may be that the units have simply lost connection - this can happen at times as with any wireless product:
How to Re-Connect your Parent Unit & Nursery Unit
• Turn both Units OFF
• Turn the Parent Unit ON and press and hold the menu button until a beep sounds and the OUT OF RANGE indicator (satellite dish) starts flashing, then release
• Turn ON the Nursery Unit and press and hold the PAIRING Button on the front of the Nursery Unit (this is the clear white button under the halo night light) until a beep sounds and the TIC light starts flashing, then release
If successful, there will be a third beep and then the Parent Unit will show the channel number, which will then be replaced by the standard menu screen
• Have the units lost connection previously
If so is this at particular times, see below for interference information as this may be the cause:
With all analogue monitors/wireless devices there is always a chance that eventually some interference may occur, this does not necessarily mean that your monitor is faulty.
This may be caused by something that is happening outside your home that you cannot change. It may be something that has changed in or around your home that you are unable to change such as neighbours WIFI etc. Have you tried using it in a friend or relatives home to see if the interference is the same or better?
To prevent interference make sure that the batteries in the Parent Unit are fresh and fully charged for best reception. If you have not changed your batteries within the last 6 months it would be advisable to do so.
The cells depreciate over time as they are constantly charged and can give a false reading and also contribute to interference.
To improve your monitors performance please also try the following:
• Always keep your monitor away from other wireless devices
• Never operate your monitor in close proximity to a microwave, cordless or mobile phone
• Reorient or relocate your monitor to optimise reception, place away from WiFi or Router
• Never place a GSM cell phone or other Radio Frequency emissions device in close proximity or in contact with your monitor
• If the units fail to connect when carrying out the re-connection process at what icon flashes on the screen when it fails:
If it is the Nursery Unit icon flashing this is where the problem will lie
If it is the Parent Unit icon flashing this is where the problem will lie
PLEASE NOTE: Unfortunately, as the AC401 model is discontinued we no longer have any Parent Units, Nursery Units or Charging Cradle available on the spare parts tab and we are unable to acquire any further.