Firstly, has the sensitivity dial on the back of the Nursery Unit been changed accidentally. If the setting is too high the Sensor Pad can continue to detect movement near to the cot such as floorboards, central heating, even something as light as a fan.
In addition to this when monitoring baby’s movements you should not use a mobile, toy that plays music etc. in the cot – these all emit a form of movement, albeit small on the surface of the mattress or the cot itself. Whilst the Sensor Pad is able to detect movement it is unable to distinguish between baby’s movement or something inside or attached to the cot.
Also, please do not place the cot directly against a wall, skirting board as it can detect movements from piping etc.
Lastly, if you are using a bedside crib you are unable to use the Sensor Pad when it is attached/touching your bed. When any bedside crib is attached/next to your bed the Sensor Pad cannot be used as it is sensitive enough to detect your movements in your bed.
The Sensor Pad cannot differentiate between the movements of baby or you and may not alarm
If you have not already done so carry out the Four Corner Test below. This will establish the correct level of sensitivity required for your baby`s mattress so you can adjust accordingly (only if required):
AC300 - Four Corner Test
NOTE: Your baby must NOT be in the cot during this test:
· Check that the sensitivity on the back of the Nursery Unit is at level 3 (factory setting), if not move dial until at number 3
· Check that the Sensor Pad is in the middle of the cot underneath the mattress.
Ensure that the Sensor Pad cord is fed through the base of the cot using the cord cover kit to secure the cord
All cords must be kept out of reach of your baby at all times
The Nursery Unit must be at least 3ft away from the cot
· Check that the Sensor Pad jack is plugged securely into the Nursery Unit
· Switch the Nursery Unit ON
· *Place your hand in all four corners of the mattress and if the green light flashes on the Nursery Unit registering your hand then the sensitivity is correct
· Remove your hand from the mattress and step away from the cot. The Sensor Pad is sensitive enough to detect your movement if you are touching the cot
· **Due to the lack of movement, after 15 seconds a single beep (The Rouse Alarm) will be emitted from the Nursery Unit
· After a further 5 seconds a series of continuous beeps (The Main Alarm) will sound from the Nursery Unit
· Place your hand on the mattress and after a few seconds the alarm will cease as the Sensor Pad will have detected your movement.
· *If the green light does not flash when you touch any of the corners please adjust the sensitivity by turning it up another 1/2 a notch and repeat the Four Corner Test again.
· **If however the monitor does not alarm when you step away from the cot reduce the sensitivity down 1 level and repeat the Four Corner Test, keep adjusting this until the alarm sounds ensuring that the movements is still detected in all four corners.